Photo by @karinayvettestyle “Home // Where the French Toast is fresh, sticky hands come together and good conversations begin.” In the photo above Karina showcases her French Toast on our 36’ Daisy Marble Table with our Burton Armchairs. It's the perfect setup for a meal for 4.
French Toast with Almonds
They say breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and personally, we think it's the best meal any day, any time (can you tell we love breakfast?)! With summer halfway over, we wanted to show you all one of our favorite breakfast recipes before vacations start wrapping up, kids start going back to school, and we have to start planning for the holiday seasons approaching. Introducing French Toast with Almonds! A twist on a classic morning staple.
French toast, with its simple elegance, is a meal that always sounds delicious. You can't go wrong starting your day with a great breakfast! Ok, you can go wrong… we all had those mornings where the bacon was too burnt or the pancakes were a little too crunchy…but hey! We’ve got you covered. Just follow our step by step directions below.
Here are some things to keep in mind while making your french toast:
- Use a thicker loaf of bread such as brioche or challah. They are also rich, buttery and add a lot of flavors.
- Always season the batter (our favorites are cinnamon and some vanilla extract) and make sure you give your bread enough time to absorb all the yumminess before you toast it.
- After toasting, sprinkle some cut almonds and syrup on top and get ready to savor!
(Did you know, French toast has been around since the 14th century? Crazy right?!) We provided the recipe below and would love to see how yours turns out! Show us some love by tagging us at @polyandbark on Instagram with your breakfast creations! We hope you enjoy!
- Prep: 30 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Ready In: 1 h
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 thick slices French bread
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Place almonds in a small saucepan over low heat. Tossing frequently, toast until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, baking powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated. Place slices in a shallow pan. Refrigerate slices approximately 1 hour.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. One at a time, press one side of soaked bread slices in the almonds to coat. Fry bread slices on both sides until golden brown. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving,